Jubilee Event Engineers
inventive. spirited. courageous.
Jubilee is a nationally recognized full service event planning company offering a range of services to meet the unique style and needs of our clients.
We specialize in dynamic events with a particular sweet spot in our hearts for inspired weddings, milestone parties, corporate celebrations and community art events.
In 2002, I merged my passions for people, parties, food, performance, community and production to form Jubilee Event Engineers. Over the years, we've built a vast network of some of the regions very best purveyors of innovation and cultivated a portfolio that continues makes us smile.
I'm proud of being a frontrunner in the field by supporting gay and lesbian couples long before marriage equality became the law of the land. And, we work to stay current in a rapidly changing culture.
We call Seattle home, but love to venture off
to regional destinations and beyond. (In fact, the bags are already packed!)
keen listener and passionate creator of shared experiences.
Lead Planner, Designer, Curator
as described by a past client....
patient, perceptive, organized, creative, well-connected, tireless, reliable, kind, unflappable, efficient and effective.
I love my career. I take it seriously and take every opportunity to laugh and remember life is short, let's play big! I live to create and make the world a more beautiful and just place.
I want you to walk away from our working relationship really, really happy. I will do this by deeply listening to you and using my vast network and experience to create an event skillfully suited to your style and preferences.
More about me...
1) Self-proclaimed wanderlust afficionado. On my bucket list...well, really anywhere other than my house! But once we're done with that... Himalayas, please. Or Cuba. Ok, wouldn't mind Oaxaca either. (When the world "shut down", I was six months into a sabbatical living with my family in rural Andalucia, Spain. I was working part time as a cultural language assistant for Spain's Ministry of Education and managing Jubilee from afar. Yes, dreams do come true!)
2) 20+ year yogini (certified teacher), 5+ year Vipassana practitioner (en route to becoming a certified teacher with an emphasis on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility)
3) green tea, locally roasted sustainable coffee, house made kombucha (I'd love to teach you), and just about anything small batch especially liquors from distant lands. My current favorite: Psimeni from a recent trip to Greece.
4) I cook nearly everything from scratch from my massive vegetable garden. Proud to say, in 2020, we've harvested everyday from our garden! Yes, straight through the winter with kale (dino, russian and curly leaf), carrots, leeks, turnips, golden & red beets, brussel sprouts, collards, mizuna, parsley, & cilantro. My favorite pickles from 2020: Mixed curried vegetable with cauliflower, turnips, red onion, garlic, carrot, &
hungarian hot wax peppers.
5) I live on nearly 5 acres on Vashon Island with my long time sweetie and our two wonderfully inspired, totally wild boymen. I dream about moving back to Columbia City once we're empty nesters.
6) I run an air bnb on our land. Please come visit us!
7) longest backpacking trip...about 70 miles in Patagonia Chile.
8) Hablo español. Et je comprend un petit peu de français. I know enough Greek to help me find my great great grandfather's village in the northern mountains near Albania.
9) Born: New Hampshire, moved to Seattle at the height of grundge to attend Cornish College of the Arts. Nearly, 13 years after graduating, I was adjunct faculty in the same dance department.
10) Virgo....which means I love to make lists and organize! Beauty turns me on. And, I'll split hairs on conversations well into the night while rockin' out to excellent music. Current topics of interest...art, music, decolonizing bodies, sustainable lifestyle and design (don't get me going about tiny houses!), Buddhist psychology, slow parenting.
2017 Vendor Open House venue: Metropolist photos: Diwas Photography
Joey Kennedy Photography